Thursday, August 11, 2011

Things That Aren't Going To Happen

Here's one thing I know for sure: I'm never going to be involved in the election process for a new pope. One reason is that popes are elected by the College of Cardinals, a group of which I will never be a member for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I'm not Catholic.

I only mention this because the sad human being and delusional presidential candidate Rick Santorum was in the news again today, blathering on about how the Iowa Supreme Court tried to "redefine nature" by allowing same-sex marriage in this state in 2009. (As in my previous Santorum post, I wish someone would start pinning him down on phrases like this. "Hey, Rick, can you point to the passage in the court's decision that redefines nature, or, if you can't do that, could you explain what the hell you mean by redefining nature? Because not only didn't it happen, it doesn't make sense.")

In the midst of his blathering, Santorum was asked if he would appoint a Supreme Court justice who would reinstate anti-sodomy laws. According to the story in Mother Jones magazine, he dodged the question. But beyond the idiocy of someone who thinks it's perfectly sensible and Constitutional for government to regulate what two consenting adults do in private, I have to laugh at anyone who thinks Santorum will ever in his life have an opportunity to nominate a Supreme Court justice.

The closest this twit will ever come to selecting a Supreme Court justice will be if he coaches a team in the Fantasy Judicial League.

No comments: